Oregon is known for its breathtaking landscapes, vibrant cities, and charming small towns. While many people flock to the popular Portland area, there are also several picturesque suburbs that offer a high quality of life. If you’re considering a move to Oregon and are looking for the nicest suburbs, here are five communities that are worth exploring.
1. Happy Valley: Located just southeast of Portland, Happy Valley is a thriving suburb that offers a perfect balance between urban convenience and natural beauty. With its well-maintained neighborhoods, excellent schools, and abundant parks, Happy Valley is an ideal place for families. The community also boasts numerous shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a desirable place to call home.
2. Hillsboro: Situated on the west side of the Portland metropolitan area, Hillsboro is known for its strong job market, diverse community, and exceptional schools. The suburb is home to several major technology companies, including Intel, which contributes to its dynamic economy. Hillsboro also offers a variety of recreational opportunities, such as parks, golf courses, and hiking trails, making it a great place for outdoor enthusiasts.
3. Lake Oswego: Nestled along the shores of the scenic Oswego Lake, Lake Oswego is often referred to as one of Oregon’s hidden gems. This affluent suburb is renowned for its stunning homes, well-manicured landscapes, and exclusive lake access. Residents of Lake Oswego enjoy a wealth of amenities, including top-rated schools, boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, and a vibrant art scene. With its close proximity to downtown Portland, Lake Oswego offers the perfect blend of tranquility and accessibility.
4. Milwaukie: Located just south of Portland, Milwaukie is a charming suburb with a strong sense of community. The area is known for its historic downtown, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and community events. Milwaukie also boasts numerous parks and green spaces, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities. The suburb is especially popular among families, thanks to its highly-rated schools and affordable housing options.
5. West Linn: Situated on the picturesque bluffs overlooking the Willamette River, West Linn is an affluent suburb that exudes natural beauty and small-town charm. The community is known for its top-ranked schools, well-maintained neighborhoods, and stunning river views. West Linn offers a range of recreational activities, including boating, fishing, and hiking, making it an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. The town’s close-knit community and strong sense of civic pride foster a welcoming atmosphere for residents.
These five suburbs are just a few examples of the nicest places to live in Oregon. Each community offers its own unique charms and amenities, allowing residents to enjoy the best of both worlds – the tranquility of suburban living and the vibrant culture of the Portland area. Whether you’re seeking a family-friendly environment, access to outdoor recreation, or a close-knit community, these suburbs are sure to impress. So, if you’re considering a move to Oregon, don’t overlook these five exceptional suburban communities.